Followers

Friday 13 March 2015

March already

A long time in coming, Hello to all in Blog land. I was planning to do this post in January but well as you know life happened but less of that I'm finally writing and posting again.
 I'm having fun at the moment in helping to design and plan our Kindy room, Its great going to work where one gets to use your gifts in planning and designing, as a very small child I can always remember drawing our house and redesigning  it , I'm going to do a design course when I retire for fun and pleasure .

I've just finished making cushions for my resting chair this project took my fancy in the January holidays, first I looked through my stash  where I found a couple of fabrics that I thought would do, and away I went.  I call one little boy blue it has ceramic heart buttons that my daughter made so it was nice to use them on this product, I'm still undecided if I'll embroiderer The little boy blue poem around the boy or leave it as it is, the second cushion is a cool soft pink with cute pompoms.




 On the crocheting front, sometime towards the end of last year a mother from the Kindy fancied my crochet bag and enquired if I'd  make her one, she's  a lover of bright colours which was right up my street as colour goes. Below is the bag which I've almost finished. I found this lovely dog fabric to line it with sooooooo cute.




I've also finished this light shawl for the coming Autumn, under the Shawl is a vintage dress I'm making, the fabric's up cycled from a old cotton dressing gown I picked up at the op shop. Will show you when its finished.


 On the Kindy front I'm making a few little Blossom babies in  leaf sleeping bags there to go in a woodland house that my Lad kindly made for me,  I got the idea from the blog, Wee Folk, its a wonderful site for little ones.

 
 
 
This is as far as I've got in the making of the house I enjoy making the wee gnomes and toad stools. Looks like little ted has taken the red sleeping bag! I've to get another piece of wood to fit the house
 can you see the  kitchen roll middle? it will suffice until that's done.
Still lots of gnomes and woodland fairies to be made.
 Takes me back to my childhood, but I somehow think that little girl inside is having fun
 
 
 
I've not made little clothes for a long time but just lately I've started to make a few for my niece, the one below I made out of a old pillow case and vintage lace the red trim was out of my stash, I didn't use a pattern just  measured and cut. It took me back to when I used to make my children's clothes. I used to go into shops and copy patterns then come home and make them. My mother told me that,that's what her mother used to do so its good to know I followed in her footsteps. Thanks Grandma. Its a draw string neck
 
 
 
Now for op shop finds. I've only chosen some of the things I've collected over the past months.
My most exciting find were these 2 commissioned pieces of needle point work  they are big works and would of taken a long time to make, would you believe that someone through them to the tip!!!
I rescued them for a little 5$ each,  they now sit nicely on my walls.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 While over in the UK I was able to pick up this Vulcan child's sewing machine I've added it to my others.



                                           A Lapid Israel by Batia pottery.

 
 Two slant shade for twin gooseneck lamp. 
 
 
 
Cute  little girl in rocker kitsch .

 
Original Hollie Hobby sheet.
 
 
 

 
Biscuit barrel in  green Bakelite.
 
 
 Large piece of bark cloth.
 
 
 

Green glass table lighter and ashtray.
 
 
 
Set of three pink soda glasses and banana split dishes.
 
 
Two Ceylon tea holders
 
Sorry about the quality of the last few pic Camera was about to spit the dummy.
Hope you enjoyed my show and tell will be back with more soon .
 Thanks for stopping by, have a great day, Eve.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment