Followers

Friday 17 May 2013

70's retro DIY appartment magazines


Hello to everyone, I hope your all well on this beautiful day.
 I was looking through some old magazines  from when I was just Marrried and thought you might like to see some of the style colour and DIY of that era.
The magazines I've  taken the pictures from are : New Ideas for Decorating An Apartment.
  By Australian House and Garden Publication and Vogue Living Australia Decorating Guide No4 .
So get yourself comfortable and grab a cofee/tea or wine and lets go.go,go. 














Sorry about the crooked page  Oop's Its not the wine Yet.























Now fancy waking up to this after a night on the plonk


lots of plastic furniture

I like the style of this bedroom


I hope you enjoyed the little glance into the past Thanks for comming and please call again . Cheers Eve

6 comments:

  1. What's old is new again. Some of these designs look like something you would see in todays design magazines. Fun! Hope you have a happy weekend.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right there. I love the colours, I think white is todays base with colour as the accent, then it was colour, colour, colour. Hope your weekend brings you fun and joy. Cheers Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the interiors in these old books and mags. Right up my alley. I'm saving the fourth pic to show my husband - I want him to make me a room divider/shelf thingy just like that!
    Yep, the red fixtures in that bathroom are slightly o.t.t. amd maybe head ache inducing on a hangover, but I love the tiled floor.
    Everything old is new again right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie, If you want a copy of the plans just let me know. The bathroom tiles are the same as my sons. His house is the same as when it was built in the 70's. It was the first concrete home to be built in town, its rented at the moment but we hope to revive it some time in the future keeping the retro look but with a modern twist. To everything, turn, trun, turn. Cheers Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at these pictures. They make me think of my parents and their peers, to think of them when they were young and full of life, energy and ideas. I find it fascinating how fashions come and go and how stuff we wouldn't touch 10 years ago, now looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for your comment. Yes It was'nt that long ago when this style was all the rage you had to made do when you first got married with borrowed and thrift furniture. And to think about all that retro furniture that went to the rubbish tip Well lets not go there. Cheers Eva

    ReplyDelete