Followers

Saturday 18 May 2013

As time goes by

Hello and welcome, I found this book at an op shop sometime ago and I'd  like to share some of the pictures.  The book covers  Australia from 1920 to 1960, it's extremly interesting, see for yourself. The book is called: AS TIME GOES BY.






Be greatful we don't have to style hair this way. I feel sorry for my Grandmother.

I have always had a soft spot for hats. My Great, Great, Grand Mother was a milliner so maybe that has something to do with it.

Having fun girls? I wonder what was so funny?

1930'40s Hollywood style dresses, reminds me of all those romantic 30s 40's movies, move over Ginger Rogers.
And we think are models are thin.

That's one way of keeping warm.I need some right now I'm cold. 



I bet this stove would keep you warm and cook wonderful food

Melbourne Cup 1940's





War time coupons

1940's swimsuits

1930's caravans

Norman Lindsay
 I have visited his home in the Blue Mountains, lots of nude sculptures and etchings, I found it very, Very interesting. Dig the white boots and suit



So Arthur took a piece of chalk and wrote  Eternity on pavements around Sydney until he died in 1967.
 Hope you enjoyed a little glance into the pages of time.
                                                                                                                             Eve  :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a great book! I love looking at old ads and photos!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete