Followers

Saturday 21 March 2015

Finishing things

 
 
G'day to all out in blog land. 
 I'm not sure if your of the same crafting mind as me but what drives me crazy is making an item until its 3/4 finished then stoping its like I have a mental block, so this year I've been telling myself no new project until what your working on is finished, Yes, and good look with  that one I hear you all say, but I must say I've been good so far, although I still get that urge to start a new project its like a drug ,  so to prove it can be done below is the finished crochet bag I was talking about in a previous blog.
I also set too making a summer top and a pair of skorts, they look like a skirt at the front and shorts at the back great for girls when climbing but like the feminine touch. 
The fabric is vintage from an old dressing gown, the tops  reversible so two for one . I did enjoy crocheting around the edge with DMC cotton it has a beautiful sheen on the thread  I'm an old fashioned girl at heart and love the old style of girls dresses.  
 
 
 
   

                                     Ready and set to crochet the edging,  reversible large or small  yellow gingham. I made these kind of sun tops for my girls 40 years ago and there still in fashion.


                                                                       Finished the  scalloped edging



                                               Ready for play, will make a sun hat to go with it.



                                At the beginning of the year this fabulous calendar came with the Molly Makes magazine, as  I usually don't write or keep track using a calendar this year I thought I'd give it a go its been fun to use with all the stickers, do you read Molly Makes? I enjoy reading stories written by the artisans wow!!! there studios and homes are inspiring to new crafters, it just goes to show if you find a knish and believe in yourself product  then anything can happen.






While out thrifting I found 2 more West German pottery vases they're the two, to the left of the pic
I think the floral one is unusual for West German pottery. 
 
2 fabulous linen table clothes there just right for  sewing summer skirts and tops  
 
 
 
and of cause an old bed sheet for my collection with a lovely washed out look
 
 Now for a totally  different subject  in our house I have my crafting space so it's only fair that  the man of the house has, his space in the mans cave were he lovingly ply's his love of building Hot Rod cars. I'm so proud of my hubby as these cars are built from scratch and beautiful works of art in themselves  
 
 




                                      Below is a little creel basket I picked up while thrifting My Idea is for my grandson to bring it along on our walks to place his little finds in, also when he's out fishing for putting his fishing tackle in.


 



                                                      Thanks for dropping by I hope you enjoyed my meandering
please call again anytime, have a wonderful day and keep on with your dreams because they DO come true.Xxxxxx  Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment