Followers

Monday 15 September 2014

Winter wonderings and crochet









 
     
Hello to you all in blog land.  This week has seen me out and about with  friends we first visited a local  beauty spot for a relaxing morning cuppa,   then it was time to taking a walk around the lake,  were we, were like  little girls waiting for  turtles to show there little heads before disappearing under the water. The Gardens have a wonderful coffee shop selling wonderful teas and home made condiments, there also a small area that sells beautiful trinkets for the home.
 I just love looking at all the cool offerings.

 I feel very blessed to live in this part of the world were each morning I get to travel to work through some beautiful farm land with banana plants, tall sugar cane and pineapple plantations  but what  I enjoy most is the farm gate stalls with there fresh picked fruit and vegies.  Below are a couple of views which I feel comforting, don't you just love the old sheds? you can never capture the feel of what your viewing now there's an idea for new technology.





Now its time for walking down near the beach, its quiet at the moment as school hols are over, so  just a few back packers who stop on there travels north, to explore  Fraser Island. Were also in the Whale watching season so lots of tours.  Its nice talking to people from around the world who are touring Australia.











 
 



 
 











 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
Above is an assortment of items I've been working on. To my surprise I took up knitting again this winter and made a cushion cover was well pleased with the out come.
I also made a cute summer dress out of an old sheet that I had sitting around, I like the cute folks  print, the cotton fabric is very soft and cool for summer .
 
I finished a poncho for my mother who will be turning 90 in October and will be giving it to her in person In the UK 
I'm looking forward to the trip and stop over in Singapore. 
 Thanks for dropping by to have a peek hope you join me again soon Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment