Followers

Monday 29 September 2014

Just before I go


 G'day,  that how we say hello down under, I hope everyone is full of life on this beautiful day. I've been off working, thrifting and making over the past weeks.
 Below is a sample of my finds, not only did I find 1 typewriter but I found 3, red, blue, and white, my daughter has put her name on the blue one I like the red one, which colour do you like? 
Lets have a look at the other treasures I found.



          1, set of apple green Nally canisters


                                                     
                       2 matching Pyrex dishes


                                    A Rosti/ Mapel Danish salad dish and servers cool orange/yellow




                                          a set of retro draws


 
 
3 Danish Costa Boda sunflower candle holders only 1$ each 
 
 
 
4 plates, 4 side plates and 3 dishes by Kathie winkle calypso pattern 
 
 
 

      Last but least 2 beautiful hand tooled handbags










              We've installed a fountain and pond in the winter garden this garden lays outside our bedroom so when we rest the sounds of soothing water can be heard.


Budda sits and smiles in the garden among the lush plants


                                              lots of purple white and orange ground cover


                                slow growing but that's because there under the palm trees



                                             window box of petunias



   

Not sure about the real name of this bush but I know it as yesterday, today and tomorrow the perfume from this bush is heavenly. Flowers start out purple but end up white before dying



      beautiful red geraniums



        Spring has arrived in the land down under so we've been  out pottering around the gardens + making decking outside the front.
 My son loves to sit and drink his morning coffee while watching the early morning walkers so we made this little area for him.











 
 
 
 
 
 
      Back to the wintergarden and a cool New Zealand quilt I picked up goes well on the old cane chair




  

                              My summer daybed where I lay in the  cool and drink cold iced tea.



 Now to my room which is just how I like it busy full of bits and pieces waiting to be made and half way there.
 I love to sit in the early mornings, the room faces east so I get the first rays of the morning sun, I get such pleasure and an awakening feeling It's like medicine for the soul



                          My basket full of lovelies waiting to have there last stitching



                       Finger puppets for the Noah's Ark story bag


                           Noah's Ark bag waiting for some handles






     I picked up this old chair which I repainted and crocheted a cushion cover for it. I liked the result

   Old baskets and vanity cases I've picked up sit under my table holding? I'm not sure until I look, silly me I put things away for safe keeping then I can't find them .


 
Items finished.  do you like my rag stool cover? I made it from old cut up tee shirts 



     Christmas will soon be here So I made an early start. 
 I'm off next Monday to the UK but will be stopping in Singapore along the way.
 Will take some photos to show you, so until I get back keep safe thanks for stopping by to look.
 Please call gain xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment