Followers

Sunday 4 October 2015

Rocktober time for fun



 A couple of weekends ago we took a trip the nearby  town of  Maryborough for  A Rock and Roll festive.   As I'm not a good photographer  many of the  photos were  not worth showing you as I was either too far away or just as I was taking them, someone would walk into the shot so what pics survived I'll show.
Some of my favorite parts of the festive were, 50's cloths stalls so much eye candy, 50's Music through out the streets setting the mood,  a variety of  dress style of the era with cool hair styles and eyebrows but most of all people having lots of fun.

                             


 



                    Cool custom car and 50's caravan



             

                    I thought this Betty Boop caravan was rather interesting.  The gentle man who owned it was telling us he worked on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean so was showing our Grandson some pics of  movie set.



                           My grandson thought this poodle was so cool it was in aid of breast cancer research. Love the cool pink hearts on its back



                   After walking  or should I say dancing and browsing it was in to the park for a well earned rest and lunch break for my twinkle toes.




.

 
                                         Last Monday  Hubby, daughter No 2 and I took a short trip to Bundaberg  It's where  Bert Hinkler was born, his fame was that he flew the first solo flight from England to Australia. in the 1920's
 His home in Southampton was dismantled  and brought back to Bundaberg where it was rebuilt in the Botanical gardens its now part of  the Hinkler museum for flight.
Bundaberg also has a Rum distillery which one can tour. I like rum and black not sure if you can get it anymore?


                     





                                                      Hinkler's  English house in Bundaberg



 On the making front I've been busy finishing off bits and bobs.

                 New shopper crocheted for a friend this only needs the  bits and bobs on the front finishing.



A little girl was born so out came the wool, hook  and designing head, it's almost finished (famous last words). It opens up the side to allow easy dressing.
             


                                         Thanks for stopping by Xxxx Eve  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment